スキップしてメイン コンテンツに移動

Utopia



Utopia
Kanae Minato
Shueisha Bunko 2018
★★★☆☆




I’ll introduce Utopia. This book was written by Kanae Minato and published by Shueisha Bunko in 2018. This is a mystery novel that was awarded the Yamamoto Shugoro Prize.

There are three main characters who are Nanako, Mitsuki and Sumire. Nanako lives in a Buddhist store and Mitsuki teaches how to make preserved flowers to neighbors. Sumire is a ceramist. They lived in the same town called Hanasaki Cho where many artists lived. For example, a photographer, a fabric dyer, a violin craftsman and a ceramist like a Sumire lived there.
Nanako and Mitsuki each have a child. The children are good friends, but Nanako’s daughter is in wheelchair due to a traffic accident when she was a kindergarten student. Then Sumire made a brand to support people who are in wheelchairs. That brand name is “Clara no Tsubasa” and it has straps with the motif of angel’s wings. Nanako, Mitsuki and Sumire are friends but gradually began to doubt each other after Sumire made that brand. In this way, it might happen similar things in our lives. People have friends but they maybe have dissatisfaction or doubt about something.
In this book, even if someone made trouble, that person can escape this town, but people harbor that person who continues living in Hanasaki Cho from now on.

When I finished reading the book, I thought it was a little difficult, but a real story. Also, I thought it might happen anywhere that one of the stories children couldn’t tell their parents the truth about something and shared the secret only with other children. When I was reading this book, I imagined this story as a movie in my mind many times. I hope it will be made into a film someday.

コメント

  1. Stainless Steel Roulette - Casino Machines for sale in
    Stainless welding titanium Steel Roulette is titanium paint color one of the most fram titanium oil filter versatile roulette games. titanium pry bar The top quality stainless steel Roulette casino game you'll ever find. columbia titanium

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Bento Yasan no Omotenashi

Bento Yasan no Omotenashi- Amayaka Osechi to Toshikoshi no Negai - Midori Kita Kadokawa Bunko 2018 ★★★★☆ I'll introduce Bento Yasan no Omotenashi- Amayaka Osechi to Toshikoshi no Negai (甘やかおせちと年越しの願い) . This is a little long title, but it's an interesting story. Bento Yasan no Omotenashi is a four part series, which is followed by  Hokahoka Gohan to Hokkai Shakekama ( ほかほかご飯と北海鮭かま ) , Umikaoru Hokke Fry to Omoide Source ( 海薫るホッケフライと思い出ソース ) , Hokkori Nikujaga to Haha no Aji ( ほっこり肉じゃがと母の味 ). As you know, every title is long, but today I’ll talk about the first book. That book was written by Midori Kita and published by Kadokawa Bunko in 2018. It is about stories at the Bento Yasan which was called Kumaben in Hokkaido. Many interesting things happened at Kumaben. For example, one girl didn’t like to eat something, but she became to like eating after she went to Kumaben and so on. I recommend reading this book in Winter because one of the stori...

Tabineko Report

Tabineko Report H iro Arikawa Kodansha Bunko 2017 ★★★★★ I'll introduce Tabineko Report written by Hiro Arikawa. This book was published by Kodansha Bunko in 2017. This is a story of two characters, Satoru and Nana and their road trip. Satoru is a very kind man and Nana is a mail cat with a girl's name. Nana is a stray cat and he is always asleep in Satoru’s car. One day, Satoru helped Nana when he was hurt in a car accident. After that, they lived together for five years. However, Satoru couldn't keep Nana anymore, so he and Nana travel to find Nana's new owner among Satoru’s friends. They went to some places and saw lots of  new things together. They found a few his friends who want to have Nana, but Nana doesn't want to go to their house. While traveling together, they learn how important they are to each other. Anytime, Satoru loves Nana and Nana loves Satoru. Although I can't tell the end...